American Express Careers
Vice President, Marketing JAPA
The Vice President, Marketing JAPA will manage the execution of Network Marketing Strategy for our Bank Partners in Asia Pacific. GNS (Global Network Services) operates in Asia Pacific to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand. The successful candidate will lead a marketing team that covers South Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia and India, working in close alignment with Global Marketing Center Of Excellence (CoEs) and the Business Development teams in those regions to ensure best in class issuer and acquirer marketing.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Relationship lead to bank partners marketing departments, both issuing and acquiring, as it relates to key activities (e.g. new product development, product refreshes, local benefit activation, perception of coverage, etc.)
• Act as the Marketing relationship lead to JAPA Senior Vice President (SVP) of Business Development team
• Work with Global Marketing COEs to ensure global approach is replicated across marketing in that region
• Manage diverse and very complex set of markets and partners, driving prioritisation of key growth levers working closely with the Business Development teams
• Ensure marketing campaigns align with company’s strategic objectives, and are informed by research, analytics and metrics.
• Develop deep understanding of competitive landscape and partners in Japan, Korea, India, HK, Singapore, and Malaysia, and leverage knowledge to build strong differentiated position for American Express.
• Superb strategic thinker, able to convert strategy into clear, actionable marketing tactics.
• Strong, prior experience developing innovative marketing strategies based on data and executing against roadmaps.
• Highly analytical with an ability to prioritise initiatives that truly move the needle and clearly communicate complex issues.
• First class relationship skills to interact at all levels across partner organizations (to C-Level) and within Amex.
• Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
• Passionate customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed.
• Excellent external, local market trends and competitive landscape knowledge.
• Excellent leadership, influencing skills, interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
• Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and creating clarity.
• Strong planning and organisational skills, ability to manage and see delivery of complex projects through to an end.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations.
• Able to lead internal and external resources to deliver against key initiatives.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2018, 8:43:53 PM