As part of the New Product Development team at American Express you shape our Card Members' commerce experiences. This is an interesting and exciting role, providing access to multiple lines of business, interaction with senior leadership, and is a position that is pivotal to the success of the team.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping drive the Card Services business forward by delivering profitable growth and sustainable product and capability advantages.
The role requires you to work very closely with product owners and key stakeholders in contributing to the development of strategy, reaching alignment, providing project structure, and driving the flawless execution of New Product and Capability launches.
With some high profile projects scheduled to be delivered this year, Product and Capability Development continues to be an exciting area of opportunity and remains a key strategic focus for Card Services in Canada.
The role offers the unique opportunity to work across a variety of areas including:
• Consumer, Global Commercial Payments, Lending, Charge, Proprietary and Co-Brand
• Driving the digital agenda through capability development and implementation
• Competitor and marketplace analysis including working closely with Global Marketplace Insights
• Working with Central and International teams to share best practices
• Financial analysis, working closely with Finance
• Marketing and Creative development, working closely with Agencies and Acquisition teams
• Project Management, working closely with Technologies, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Global Servicing Network, Operations, Training and many other groups
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• University degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated ability with multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail and prioritization skills in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated communications skills, both written and verbal
• 2+ years of experience in a Marketing or Product Management function
• A proven ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes
• A focus on innovation and the desire to own a project from conception through implementation, and evaluation
• Excellent partner management, and comfort working across various levels within an organization to drive results