American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
The successful applicant for the Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager role will be part of team involved in designing, developing, implementing, and operating solutions that scale to the demands of a global organization. This is a unique opportunity to showcase your technical and delivery skills as a core member of an established team. This position will be responsible for two scrum teams, looking after the Business Travel Account product, which is one of GCS's 'crown jewels' products, processing an annual charge volume of $18bn across the globe. The BTA product is the industries leading T&E centrally billed solution for Corporate Clients.
- Manages delivery of application services and solutions in support of key initiatives by working closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Solution Architects, and Engineers.
- Works with other Scrum Masters/TPMs to maintain delivery between planned sprints/iterations and dependent teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the team’s work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties.
- Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities.
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments that hinder progress against sprints and Program Increments.
- Assigns resources to activities and monitors delivery metrics.
- Manages and escalates risks, issues, and changes tied to delivery.
- Conducts routine Sprint/Agile ceremonies on a regular cadence.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Significant technical project management experience.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or other Technical discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality. Includes methods such as Lean, XP, Kanban, Scrum, Programmer Anarchy and scaling methods such as SAFe/Nexus.
- Experience managing project budgets, resource planning/management, and reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate across technical, business, and third-party stakeholders.
- Strong relationship manager.
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, and advocating for simplification.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
- Ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on project.
- Ability to view the end-to-end process and understand downstream, upstream.
- Effects of implementing change and plan appropriately to compensate and/or overcome this when necessary.
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders.
- Relevant Certifications (e.g. PMI, Scrum Master (CSM), etc).
- Infrastructure experience (servers, virtual machines, containers, databases, and networking concepts).
- Relevant collaboration and project management tool experience (e.g. Slack, Confluence, Rally, etc.)
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 12, 2019, 8:56:55 AM