American Express Careers
Manager/Sr. Manager – Consumer Credit Strategy
The successful candidate will build a thorough understanding of GCFN’s US credit processes while leveraging their strong analytical background to identify opportunities to develop/enhance strategies that drive collections effectiveness while maintaining a focus on the Customer’s needs.
- Conduct analysis of business strategies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of US Consumer Credit and Collections processes
- Provide strategy support to design/revise strategy in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Provide strategy support on any MAP/CAP/Risk event
- Partner closely with Strategy and Global Business Integration team members to understand business problems and relay findings to improve strategic decision making
- Summarizing and presenting analytical findings to GCN leaders and partners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners to deliver on targets, customer experience and compliance mandates
Key business partners include Risk Management, Credit Operations, Global Banking, Capabilities/Technologies, GCO, and Compliance.
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive results for multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with experience using analytical tools such as SQL or SAS (familiarity with AXP credit, risk, and account data is a plus)
- Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes
- Superior thought leadership
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and collaborate to drive decisions
- Must be an outstanding analytical thinker and problem solver, comfortable working with large sets of data and able to resolve complex problems independently
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and lead others in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with senior leaders
- Must possess high motivation, enthusiasm and dedication to deliver results within strict timeframes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience in credit and collections processes, products, and procedures is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2018, 3:15:07 PM