American Express Careers
Manager Operations - Merchant Back Office
- Selected candidate will lead large teams including Team Leaders and Customer Care Professionals providing extraordinary service to American Express card members.
- Lead the team to deliver superior customer experience. Key metrics include PMA and Case Time Resolution (CTR)
- Motivate staff and leaders in the group to deliver at optimal levels – ensure high levels of employee satisfaction and retention in a high growth industry.
- Serve as department conceptual leader for initiatives, which impacts all team leaders & team members.
- Able to lead Team Leaders and Customer Care Professionals to drive process enhancement for Customer Experience and overall efficiency enhancement
- Ensure the focus of the Department goals And objectives is consistent with the values of American Express and those areas across the Department.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with identified stakeholders; ensure timely execution of plans.
- Develop and implement quality standards, apply compliance/control in all activities of the Department to ensure quality services are delivered to customers.
- Oversee all teams, providing leadership, overall resource planning to achieve and exceed business targets and goals.
- Maintain, liaise and communicate with all levels of management and departments within and outside the company.
- Network with external linkages to obtain market information and keep abreast of the market trends
- Provide coaching and developing at the TL and CCP levels
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Direct people management responsibility and experience. Strong direct operations management for “Premium Customer service”
- Strong Operations Analytics understanding to manage day to day operations
- Well aware of concepts and tools for Operations Excellence: Variation management, Pareto principle, root cause analysis, deciles etc
- Approximate total experience of 10 years, with 2 to 5 years as a People Leader
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate a multi-regional LOB in order to solve problems;
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization
- Analytical thinking skills to access impacts, draw correlations and linkages
- Strong relationship skills and quickly network to drive results across all business groups
- Strong follow up and follow through skills to drive outcomes
- Proven change agent, self motivated with a demonstrated ability to drive results under tight timelines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, with the ability to work independently and prioritize to work to meet all timelines
- Must have strong leadership skills with emphasis on ability to influence others without direct authority, able to collaborate and influence at all level
- Proficient in Project Management, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Bachelor's Degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2018, 9:51:18 PM