American Express Careers
Software Engineer - ICM, Hadoop, HIVE, Data Modelling, and SQL
- Owns all technical aspects of software development for ICM
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of all modules
- Functions as member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices wrt tools, common components, and documentation
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews & testing
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Creating new calculations, reports, and imports; Analyzing issues/defects and providing the solution
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
5+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in IBM Cognos Incentive Compensation Management/Hadoop/ HIVE/ NoSQL & SQL Databases
Proficient in implementing user level and data level securities within Cognos
Experience working with programming concepts
Expert in writing SQL and performance tuning SQL.
Ability to complete solid unit testing on your own work.
Ability to create requirement documents, tech specs, unit test results, estimation documents, road maps, and architecture diagrams.
Ability to analyze requirements and direct to an appropriate solution that will fit within a reasonable technical maintainable design.
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2019, 7:02:39 AM