American Express Careers
Engineer - I (Web –UI/UX) for the International Digital Acquisition portfolio
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. International Digital Acquisition is a core business process within American Express Technologies, which is accountable for delivery of online card acquisition journeys supporting the International Consumer Card business. The capabilities within the International Digital Acquisition platform encompass responsively designed web applications, B2B service integrations, and agent-assisted mobile capabilities supporting customer applications for credit/charge card products. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Engineer I the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with his/her peers, technology partners, and product owners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and builds automation tools for testing
· Deliver code in an agile team environment.
· Performing hands-on software and strategy development, typically spending about 80% of time actually writing code, doing proof of concepts and testing in ongoing sprints.
· Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components
· Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains.
· Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
· Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
This high energy Engineer - I must have:
· 1+ years of software development experience.
· Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
· Experience building applications on top of RESTful APIs.
· Knowledge of frameworks such as Node.js
· Experience with web frontend technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Web pack, LESS, Bootstrap, and jQuery.
· Proven problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others
· Experience working on or with open-source projects is a big plus
· Good communication and team building skills.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 7:54:35 AM