American Express Careers
Virtual Travel Consultant/Customer Service – Travel Career Program
- You will delight our premium Card Members with unforgettable and unexpected experiences
- As a consultant, you will refine understanding by asking personalized fact finding questions
- If you are not a travel expert yet, you will know where to look to find the information you need
- You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international air, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- At times, you will need to de-escalating a Card Member’s stress, when unforeseen travel situations arise
- You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the WOW and winning their loyalty
- Proven ability to provide extraordinary customer service
- Experience servicing customers ideally in travel, hospitality, high-end customer service or sales roles
- A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
- Sufficient geography knowledge likely gained by being travel curious or through time spent exploring the world
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly-evolving circumstances
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- Ability to thrive in a metric driven environment, with a healthy competitiveness to meet and exceed goals
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate a phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- American Express will provide BYOI participants a monthly allowance to help offset costs of phone and internet services. In addition, you would receive an additional one time allowance to offset installation fees.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably through broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted).
- Dedicated analog landline phone (no VOIP) is required. Phone modem (vs. a wall jack) preferred where available.
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise or other distractions
- Candidates must resided in one of 48 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states, with the exception of California and Alaska). If you live within 35 miles of one of our TLS Service Centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL), you may be required to work in the Service Center.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2018, 8:55:59 AM