American Express Careers
Project Analyst – GCCI
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Global Credit & Fraud Network (GCFN) is responsible for the new accounts, credit, and collections processes at American Express.
GCFN plays a valuable role for Card Members & clients from the time a new account is opened through providing support to Customers in collections and is vital to the company by applying smart risk controls through profitable spend enablement and the recovery of assets.
Global Commercial Credit (GCC) is responsible for collecting overdue account balances from Commercial Card Members and PAs (Program Administrators). Our vision is to provide the world’s best credit & underwriting experience every day.
GCC’s Operational framework includes: Enabling spend, creating payers, Operational Excellence, Customer First, Prepare for the future & Be the best team with the best colleagues. All of which will drive the success for our team and for the company.
As a Project Analyst in Global Commercial Credit Integration (GCCI) you will be able to influence our partners by establishing & leveraging strong working relationships with product owners, production leaders, project partners (Operations, Regulatory Strategy, Legal/Compliance, Risk) to ensure we develop meaningful strategies to drive our goals and ensure they are seamlessly integrated into our production teams, with potentially negative impacts minimized and opportunities to realize expected benefits maximized.
- Develop strategies to meet and exceed Commercial Credit goals
- Develop Contact Strategies across GCC, using analytics and insights to make recommendations on how to improve Right Party Contact Rates and Total Dollar Collected metrics
- Contribute to developing a playbook for the Commercial Credit Economic Downturn, preparing us for an increase in volume and challenges with collecting dollars.
- Pioneer the use of digital tools for credit and collections teams and develop sound CBAs to secure funding for such projects
- Lead execution of strategic projects for GCN, end to end, across different regions through robust Project Mgmt techniques
- Create and maintain Project plans and provide with regular updates on timelines, milestones, risks and performance metrics to key stakeholders to ensure timely completion of projects
- Manage change across the GCC organization to implement changes into BAU seamlessly
- Ensure that Legal and Regulatory controls are central to everything we do when implementing and executing initiatives
- Work with various teams across various timezones on projects across international markets
- Work on multiple initiatives at a time or as part of a team on larger projects
- Provide strong subject matter expertise on products, policies, procedures, and servicing capabilities
- Develop powerful and effective communications to all levels
- Reinforcing the GCC brand with all business partners, aligned to our global objectives
- The incumbent may have Direct Reports to lead
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong project management skills and experience, thought leadership, decision-making skills and the ability to resolve complex problems independently
- Proven track record of delivering tangible results across Shareholder, Customer and Employee focused initiatives
- Proven track record of working across markets and achieving international collaboration to drive change
- Ability to influence others without direct authority and to challenge the status quo appropriately
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, with the ability to work independently and prioritize work effectively
- Strong relationship-building and exceptional verbal and written skills
- Ability to leverage a strong Growth Mindset to adapt to change, learn new skill-sets, and grow within role
- Ability to extract and work with large sets of data to assist in driving business/project decision-making
- Credit subject matter expertise preferred including relevant platforms (WCC, CSP, Triumph, ROP, IDN).
- Demonstrated proficiency with full suite of Project Management tools – including but not limited to MS Powerpoint, Excel and Project
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2018, 8:42:13 AM