American Express Careers
Senior Manager-Compliance - Consumer Practices
- Maintain a working knowledge of UDAAP requirements and their impact on AXP products and services;
- Manage collaborative relationships with Compliance colleagues and business unit champions to understand business unit operations and ensure Program needs are met;
- Lead consumer practices reviews, collaborating with Compliance colleagues and business unit partners to obtain relevant information and assess for consumer practices risk;
- Analyze data and assist in generating meaningful quarterly reports for leadership;
- Assess consumer practices training needs and assist with the development and presentation of appropriate training programs and materials;
- Lead projects to enhance Program function, expand scope;
- Recommend revisions to CPAT documents, policies, and procedures, as needed.
- 4-5 years of demonstrated consumer practices compliance, legal or risk experience in the financial services industry required. Internal candidates strongly preferred.
- Substantive knowledge of UDAAP regulations and requirements required.
- Knowledge of governance processes and program management required.
- Process improvement mindset, ability to identify enhancement opportunities required.
- Ability to develop, interpret and clearly communicate results of reviews/analysis, orally and in writing required.
- Ability to effectively persuade colleagues at all levels required.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Top candidate is self-motivated, dependable, adaptable, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple priorities, able to work within a team environment and independently drive results.
- Leadership experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required; JD or advanced degree strongly preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2018, 12:01:00 AM