American Express Careers
General Manager, Accertify JAPA
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Accertify Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of American Express is a global leader in providing software, tools and strategies for preventing online fraud and mitigating enterprise-wide risks. Accertify is committed to providing e-commerce companies with comprehensive and cost-effective solutions to fight fraud.
Over the past 7 years Accertify has been steadily building its presence in the Japan/ Asia Pacific (JAPA) region and in some markets is now recognised as the market leader. Globally Accertify is widely considered the benchmark in the enterprise online fraud prevention space and the company continues to innovate to provide its customers with the most effective product and services.
Due to the current GM recently being promoted Accertify is now looking to appoint a successor to continue to drive the business forward across the JAPA region. This is a varied and complex role which will require the successful applicant to have previously managed a strategic sales team and ideally a multifunctional team in the payments, technology and SaaS space.
In order to be considered for this position you will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Exceptional leadership – someone who leads from the front and can build loyal followership.
- The ability to drive new business through solution selling and coaching of direct reports to do the same.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Deal making skills which position the company as the most appropriate and preferred choice for enterprise customers.
- The ability to develop strong relationships with customers to deliver exceptional service and ensure that expectations are exceeded.
- Ability to manage a diverse team of sales people, sales engineers, implementers, client managers and support across Australia, Singapore and Japan.
- Experience working with lengthy sales cycles and knowledge on how to speed things up when necessary.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently to manage the JAPA business on a day to day basis.
- Understanding of different JAPA cultures and the ability to build relationships across multiple geographies with staff and clients.
- Be a key member of the Accertify leadership team and provide regular updates to the US based HQ on market forces, competition and market regulations which may impact the business.
- A good understanding of the current online fraud prevention landscape and the existing players is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work at the “C” level as well as develop relationships with other key stakeholders
- Be the ambassador for the Accertify business within the American Express JAPA organization.
- Flexibility to work across time zones beyond JAPA (US & UK) as and when necessary.
QualificationsYou must possess:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in a related field. A post graduate degree will be viewed favourably.
- Proven demonstrable experience leading Sales / multifaceted teams
- Strong experience selling in SaaS solutions or other cutting edge technologies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2018, 8:16:06 PM