American Express Careers
Inbound (Want to Honour) Channel Manager
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Merchant Services manage all aspects of our vitally important merchant relationships. Within this department is the Small Merchant Japan, Asia Pacific, Australia and New Zealand (JAPA) team, which is responsible for delivering a vibrant network by acquiring and retaining more American Express Card accepting small to medium sized enterprises and continuing to improve their satisfaction.
- Manage channel vendor negotiations and re-negotiations as required and partner with internal procurement team throughout
- Manage third party call center vendor relationship/s, including;
- Regular performance meetings and track against SLAs and KPIs
- Align targets and goals
- Contract management, including tracking deliverables and responsibilities
- Any vendor sales related reward programs
- Ensure correct infrastructure is in place with vendor for success and align with all sales channels
- Manage vendor roadmap for implementation of new products and technology as relative to our channels
- Implement success measures and metrics to track and drive required targets and goals
- Identifying and implementing process efficiencies between vendor and internal teams, including;
- Sales Force
- Merchant enablement
- Telesales Channel/s
- IT and Telco infrastructure (including phone IVR)
- New merchant communications to drive awareness
- Regular reporting – including;
- Monthly and quarterly channel business reviews
- Daily/weekly results, specifically against targets and goals and activity
- Call reporting (numbers, reason codes, origination)
- WTH lead origination and relative campaign tracking
- Pipeline management – leads and opportunities
- New merchant enablement
- Work closely with Telesales Channel Manager to drive strategy, implement training and coaching and share best practices across vendor teams to maximise the return on investment of the channels within the vendor
- Background in managing and driving successful vendor relationships
- Proven experience in managing a sales channel/team
- Strong People Leadership experience, including recruitment and development
- Proven success in acquisition sales
- Financial Services experience is preferred
- Proven ability to independently drive and consistently deliver excellent results in a very challenging competitive environment.
- Sound financial acumen.
- High level of determination and self-confidence, ability to work in groups and contribute to team success.
- Growth Mindset – keen to tackle new challenges and develop yourself and others
- High level of integrity, professional attitude
- Excellent communicator (oral and written skills) and confident in challenging status quo in a diverse team
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2018, 5:38:22 PM