American Express Careers
Senior Manager - Head Of Small Merchant Acquisition - Singapore
About the Business
Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) provides a secure network for issuing partners and millions of merchants to facilitate Card payments. We offer comprehensive payment processing options to online, storefront and business-to-business merchants.
American Express’ direct relationship with Card Members and merchants creates a unique “closed loop” network that enables us to provide valuable business insights, marketing information and expertise to help merchants drive revenue and grow their business volumes.
The Head of Small Merchant Acquisition is responsible for the management of the ISA (In-source Sales Agent) team which involves all aspects of acquisition, account activation and development of new small merchant accounts in the Singapore market. The ISA lead will support and work closely with the Director – Head of Merchant Acquisition in defining and implementing our small merchant channel strategy.
This is a senior leadership role and carries the responsibility of driving acquisition targets, building the small merchant opportunity pipeline, coaching and driving team performance along with improving overall perception of coverage for American Express across the market.
• Development and execution of the small merchant channel strategy in order to accelerate growth Billings, ALIF (Active Locations In Force) and improve Perception of Coverage across Singapore
• Lead the ISA Team ensuring both individual and team performance metrics set by the business are being met
• Support the team in resolving day-to-day operational issues and ensure the smooth execution of the merchant onboarding process in order to deliver productivity uplift
• Work with key internal stakeholders in building out comprehensive analytical capabilities with respect to coverage tracking of key malls and micro-geographies
• Optimize existing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capabilities like Merchant force, MIRA, SMART systems to create visibility of pipeline, wins and target achievements
• Develop the team acquisition skills and business acumen through regular coaching sessions
• Keep the team in check with adherence to the Return on Equity (ROE) and processes set forth by the business
• A minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate/business sales with a proven track record, preferably in the acquiring space
• Experience in successfully leading and growing Acquisition teams
• Team player who has exceptional presentation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet allocated deadlines
• Self-motivated with abilities in influencing/negotiating with customers/merchants
• Strong commercial acumen with a strategic line of thinking
• Time management, strong presentation skills and project management/facilitation history
• Well-rounded business skills with an in-depth understanding of the American Express merchant base and value proposition
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM applications, preferably, Salesforce
• Fluency in Mandarin preferred in order to liaise with mandarin speaking associates
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 4:41:34 AM