American Express Careers
Telesales Assistant Manager
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Merchant Services manage all aspects of our vitally important merchant relationships. Within this department is the Small Merchant Japan, Asia Pacific, Australia / New Zealand (JAPA) team, which is responsible for delivering a vibrant network by acquiring and retaining more American Express Card accepting small to medium sized enterprises and continuing to improve their satisfaction.
- Delivering reporting across Telesales teams, including;
- Regular success measures, metrics and results
- Pipeline management
- Lead and opportunity management
- Campaign analysis
- Liaison for planning and booking training and coaching across Sales Channels
- Assisting with framework for regular coaching
- Alignment of Telesales processes & efficiencies across teams to optimize sales
- Campaign management, allocation, tracking and analysis
- Preparing industry insights and creating relevant decks for sales teams
- Assisting with lead prospecting
- Assisting with sales administration including salesforce entries/updates/merchant activation requirements
- Working with American Express marketing teams as needed for new merchant value campaigns
- Streamlining communication process with marketing to drive activation for our new merchant
- Attending forums as required to support alignment of other acquisition teams within the business where relevant
- Partnering with External Sales Agent (ESA) Manager to optimize sales cycle between Telesales and ESA channels
- Experience working in and supporting an outbound sales team, preferably in a phone environment
- Financial Services experience is preferred
- Analytical, strong on reporting, processes and attention to detail
- Demonstrated growth Mindset – keen to tackle new challenges and develop themselves and others
- High level of integrity, professional attitude.
- Team player with the ability to work in groups and contribute to team success.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written skills) and confident in challenging status quo in a diverse team
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Advanced MS Office knowledge - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new skills, question the status quo and adjust to changing environment
- Able to identify efficiencies in sales cycles
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2018, 1:06:08 AM