Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Manager position within the Business Strategy and Planning team of Express Company offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting new joint venture organization. The incumbent will report to the Head of Business Strategy and Planning. Key responsibilities will include:
• Drive results with exceptional project management skills
-Responsible for leading the planning and execution of the joint venture set up.
-Creation of senior leadership update/presentation and have exceptional project management skills, progress tracking and reporting rigor
-Provide the thought leadership and various recommendations, through consulting and collaborating with stakeholders as needed
• Influence and impact with strong leadership ability
-The candidate needs to be an outstanding analytical thinker, problem solver, decision maker and be able to influence at all levels
-Possess the ability to coach, train and develop others as well as having strong time management, organization, follow through skills while demonstrating the utmost in integrity and confidentiality
-Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and successfully deliver results in a matrix organization
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• 5-6 years of relevant work experience in payment industry with solid understanding of the payment ecosystem (network, issuing, acquiring)
• Excellent relationship, leadership and influencing skills to interact at all levels across partner organizations and within Amex
• Strong planning and organizational skills with experience in the Amex planning process. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver complex projects through to an end
• A self-starter with high resilience & accountability, possessing the proven ability to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges for driving results
• Growth Mindset & a Strong Will to Win: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box
• Strong teamwork required with stakeholders. People management experience is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2018, 10:56:19 PM