American Express Careers
Risk Senior Analyst/Analyst
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected
A single decision can have many outcomes, and when that decision affects hundreds of thousands of customers and employees, it needs to be the right one. That’s where Credit and Fraud Risk comes in.
At American Express, Credit and Fraud Risk forms the backbone of all financial services operations. It affects every aspect of the company globally. You’ll get to know all the areas of our business – from consumer cards to small-business services, to corporate services, to merchant partners. Plus, you’ll work with the industry’s top Credit and Fraud Risk teams, developing strategies, leveraging technology and overseeing how relevant news impacts our customers.
What type of work can you expect to do in Credit and Fraud Risk at American Express?
- Contribute to projects with strategic importance and real bottom-line impact through the conceptual, analytical, recommendation and implementation stages
- Design, build and support infrastructures for existing and new business development opportunities
- Gain exposure to Marketing, Technologies, Finance, and Operations
- Perform business analysis to assess portfolio performance, forecast trends, and develop improvement opportunities
- Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Strong analytical, project management, relationship and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, with a strong attention to detail,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as this position interfaces with diverse audiences including the sales force, operations and potentially clients
- Ability to effectively implement initiatives through partnerships and alignment with multiple stakeholders
- Effective team player and ability to manage multiple responsibilities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree in quantitative field or equivalent experience in business, finance, statistics, economics, engineering or mathematics will be preferred
- Experience in SAS/ SQL/ R /Hive/ other statistical programming experience is preferred along with working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience of working with one of the leading financial institutions in Europe will be preferred
- Experience in developing strategic insights leveraging data analytics will be preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2018, 4:05:25 AM