American Express Careers
Senior Manager – Partner Management
- Manage key OptBlue merchant acquirer relationships to unlock Card Member spend by driving merchant coverage (new locations in force) and activating spend at existing merchants measured by booked charge volume.
- Key lead for partner business development discussions and negotiations; internal point of contact for other Blue Box groups that work with these partners.
- Partner with analytics and marketing to increase engagement, activation, transactions and new/existing charge volume at small merchants.
- Leverage partner sales & servicing channels and lines of business to increase merchant acceptance and activation/spend. Deepen senior level relationships with partners to help strategically position American Express and help grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline across all partner sales channels.
- Strong sales mentality with a hyper focus on driving bottom line performance (merchant signings, activation and charge volume) and identifying and driving new opportunities that advance and deepen our relationships.
- Excellent client relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence C-level executives with business partners.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills with confidence to challenge opinions and perceptions and offer unique insights and perspectives.
- Strategic thinker with ability to work through complex business and operational problems and identify clear action plans and drive resolution.
- Strong business acumen – especially in the emerging payments and payment processing industry.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills a must.
- Solid project management skills and the ability to manage multiple accounts and initiatives in parallel.
- 5-7 years relevant business experience required.
- NYC/TriState Area based
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2018, 11:53:13 AM