American Express Careers
Sr. Manager, Strategy & Planning
The GABM organization has a mission to create marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative products, partnerships, marketing and customer experiences. We have an ambitious goal: to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500 and we aim to deliver on that by doing work that is both creative and effective. The American Express Amex Insights team is responsible for ensuring the voice of the customer is at the forefront of the strategic decisions made throughout the enterprise. We are looking for a dynamic contributor and collaborator who will primarily be responsible for supporting a key B60 Vice President, who leads the Amex Insights team. The Senior Manager will play a critical role in managing day-to-day operations, communications, strategy and planning for the group.
We are looking for a person who understands the value of strategy and process excellence as a key factor in achieving success. This senior manager will have an opportunity to learn about the customer experience, prospect marketing and insights capabilities and at the highest level in this role.
- Support AI leader and leadership team with overall planning, management and strategic development for respective teams; personally lead the change management agenda
- Work closely with respective leadership teams to drive strategic agendas and enhance organizational performance
- Managing day-to-day operations for AI teams (e.g. building and managing templates, managing processes, overseeing schedules, etc.)
- Owning key programs and processes (e.g. budget oversight and tracking)
- Building content for key meetings and executive level presentations
- Providing ad hoc support to leaders on presentation preparation
- Providing strategic support on a range of complex issues and projects as required
- This individual must also be comfortable with having a “mind on and hands on” approach to the day to day work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional ability to translate ideas and thoughts in written presentations
- Strong detail orientation with ability to think “end-to-end”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience operating with cross-functional teams, internal and external partners
- Excellent project management, organizational and process/workflow skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understanding drivers and impacts
- Ability to efficiently prioritize, solve problems independently, escalate appropriately, manage tight deadlines, and handle changing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of integrity, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team player, comfortable working in “white space” and willing to take on incremental responsibilities
- Experience working in a large/matrixed environment
- Highly proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- A belief in relationships as a way of doing business
Minimum 4+ years in Consulting, Marketing, Research or Data Analytics role required
Bachelor’s Degree; advance degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 7, 2018, 2:44:11 PM