American Express Careers
Sr. Quality Engineer
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
This Senior Quality Engineer role will be responsible for overall Test strategy and execution to implement highly complex compliance software capabilities for various Basel and Regulatory reports (e.g. Basel, Y9C/Y9LP, Y11-2314).The team has enterprise-wide exposure internally to Senior management, lines of business and compliance / audit functions and externally to regulatory agencies.
You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against automated testing of OFSAA build components. The successful candidate will need to be highly adaptable, confident working on their own initiative, pro-active and open to change, in a role that will be very varied. Our team supports business process and markets in all regions through the design, development, and implementation of both custom and package technology solutions. You are going to be part of high performing Agile (Safe) technology team developing solutions for the American Express – Financial Regulatory Platform.
As a Quality Engineer (QE) within the Finance Technologies team, you are responsible for ensuring all stages of software development meet quality standards by working closely with the development team and business partners. You are going to be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions for the American Express – Financial Regulatory Platform. Our solutions leverage some of the industry’s best in class financial platforms and frameworks (such as Oracle OFSAA, General Ledger, HFM and OBIEE), and are growing in the space. Be the “go-to” person for any testing related architecture and solutions.
- Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations Plans and defines testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios.
- Develops test plans, testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity.
- Develops manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet Testing of Business requirements.
- Executes test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing.
- Generates test data to support the requirements and test case for various test phases.
- Works with Engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated and manual testing.
- Builds and maintains CI/CD Automation process and execution wherever applicable.
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes for the team.
- Monitors and tracks resolution of defects .Designs, monitors, and analyses quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, with a minimum of 8 years work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle database 10g or up, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in a data ware housing and SQL is a must, with an emphasis on Development and QA, also proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
- Working knowledge of OFSAA components, Informatica and Lombard is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in SDLC/Agile Safe development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Proven experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing and regression testing.
- Proven experience in test automation using the industry standard tools.
- Practical experience with Agile methodology and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred, experience with other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC are a plus.
- Sound understanding of finance domain.
- Self-starter, creative, disciplined, result-oriented, and devoted team player.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Be able to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2018, 10:23:44 AM