American Express Careers
- Perform rapid POCs to experiment and build rails for the engineering team
- Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
- Actively participate in team and enterprise-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Introduce enterprise architectural paradigms and solutions into the portfolio.
- Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and help define business principles, goals and strategy within scope of responsibility.
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers and solution architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality
- 8 or more years of strong hands on experience in Java and experience with backend or middle ware processing
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
- Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
- Experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Hands on experience in the following environments is preferred: Java,Go,Vert.x,React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JASON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis,Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernates, OpenShift, Drools, Elastic Stack,Kafka, Spark, ML
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2018, 2:13:56 PM