American Express Careers
Director, Product Delivery & Integration
American Express Global Commercial Services Technology is hiring a new Director of Product and Delivery Integration. In this role, we will look to you to lead a team of leaders with deep business and technical knowledge, influence outcomes, and collaborate with partners across Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Product, Architecture, and Engineering.
We’ll look to you to drive global business strategy, deliver products to achieve revenue and OPEX targets, ensure those products build phenomenal customer experiences while utilizing modern technology architecture. You will do this by using strategic and critical thinking skills. Success requires deep teamwork, the identification of long range technical solutions, anticipation of future business models, and tactical delivery of near term program deliverables. Your primary responsibility is driving execution through standardized, consistent, and clear program management. Excellent communication and relationship skills will enable your success in building trust and influencing business priorities and values.
Your team will be nimble, creative, have the influence to craft Technology and Product roadmaps, and be at the heart of emerging ambitious strategies.
You should have the talent and dream to deliver creative products and services at a rapid pace, and serve our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, and mobile channels.
- Drive the full PI lifecycle and lead development of release plans, program boards, all aspects of the Agile delivery model.
- Liaise with the Product teams and establish highly collaborative partnerships.
- Develop a fun culture enabling high colleague engagement and cohesive, collaborative teams across domains and locations.
- Collaborate with a wide variety to partners across multiple teams to lead change required to execute product roadmaps.
- Lead teams in an environment which includes the latest Technology frameworks, continuous integration/continuous delivery tool chains, and the full software development lifecycle.
- Use industry research and new technologies to ensure we are appropriately bringing to bear new techniques and capabilities.
- Recruit and nurture top talent by driving both technical and leadership development.
- Anticipate risks and drive risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop and communicate portfolio delivery plans in terms of scope, schedule and quality with clear messaging.
- Experience working with Accounts Receivable platforms.
- Computer Science / Information Systems Degree, or equivalent with 8+ years of work experience in Product Enablement.
- Extensive hands-on experience building and being responsible for the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies consistent with rich business knowledge.
- Shown experience attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top talent.
- Experience in Agile application development methodology. Knowledge of SAFe 4.5 will be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with ability to craft and deliver effective presentations to senior Leadership across the organization.
- Positive relationship building skills and ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographical distributed organization.
- Uses excellent judgment.
- Has passionately high standards (is never satisfied and willing to challenge the status quo).
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business.
- Expects and requires innovation.
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
- Strong results orientation.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 10:25:39 AM