American Express Careers
Director, Marketing - Southeast Asia
The Director, Marketing – Southeast Asia will take the lead in partner facing local marketing activity for Global Network Services (GNS) in these markets. GNS operates in all regions globally to drive scale and relevance for the American Express Brand. The successful candidate will lead a team of 3 B35s and 1 B30 to deliver best in class issuer and acquirer marketing with our Bank Partners.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Relationship lead to bank partners marketing departments, both issuing and acquiring, as it relates to key activities (e.g. new product development, product refreshes, local benefit activation, perception of coverage, etc.)
• Manage diverse and very complex set of markets and partners, driving prioritization of key growth levers working closely with the Business Development teams
• Work with Global Marketing Center Of Excellence (COEs) to ensure global approach is replicated across marketing in the region
• Ensure marketing campaigns align with company’s strategic objectives, and are informed by research, analytics and metrics
• Develop deep understanding of competitive landscape and partners in Southeast Asia
• Lead and develop a team with 4 direct reports
• First class relationship skills to interact at all levels across partner organizations (to C-Level) and within Amex.
• Strong innovative marketer who can translate marketing ideas into clear marketing tactics / actions.
• Strong leadership, influencing skills, interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
• Previous knowledge of external, local knowledge and competitive landscape in these markets / similar regions is a plus
• Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
• Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and creating clarity.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations.
• Strong collaboration skills to effectively partner with global marketing resources within the team to ensure global to local transfer and relevant activation of key strategies and processes.
• People management experience and focus on developing talent.
• Passionate customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2018, 8:52:11 PM