American Express Careers
Account Protection Specialist - Swedish/Finnish/Norwegian Speaking
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Responsibilities the core function of an Account Protection Specialist is to deliver superior customer experience by focusing in customer care principle, making it easy to do business with, recognizing our customers and solving the customers' problems. It is equally important to drive profitable spend by making sound and fact based decision taking into consideration both credit and fraud risk assessments.
- Handle incoming authorizations requests - resolved within the assigned empowerment limit guided by existing international authorizations policies and procedures.
- Refer complex cases or charges above empowerment limit in accordance to the outlined concurrence and escalation matrix.
- Ability to detect and minimize credit and fraud risk whilst enabling spend at the same time.
- Service customer calls to perform charge verifications, taking the appropriate action if fraud is confirmed or negated.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity by adhering to compliance including, but not restricted; to law and regulations, privacy and data protection principles, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, code of conduct and sanction rules.
- Handle customers (service establishments and card members) basic enquiries after business office hours, weekends & public holidays, unless an exception is granted on market basis.
- Update support messages and account status into the credit authorisation system for fraud and credit reasons.
- Liaise with overseas servicing centres on authorisations requests and customer enquiries, both internal and external.
- Handle calls with highest quality standards and ensure we deliver our brand promise.
- Handle internal customer enquiries on authorizations related queries.
- Support other risk management functions as and when required.
- Participate in scheduled off phone work related activities, including trainings, town halls, employee engagement and team building activities.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Able to work under pressure.
- A team player with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Must be willing to work on shifts (24x7).
- Highly service orientated.
- Fluency in Swedish or Norwegian or Finnish (advantage to have two of these languages) – written and verbal.
- Proficiency in English – written and verbal.
- Understanding of Risk Management an advantage.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2019, 4:32:35 AM