American Express Careers
Engineer - Cloud Native Engineering
At American Express, we are transforming our technology product delivery by modernizing critical platforms to deliver world class customer experience. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for working with various teams with in enterprise architecture to create re-usable enterprise frameworks. You will also work with talented and experienced teams of product managers and engineers across technology and have the unique opportunity to contribute to EA strategy. Your technical acumen, strategic thinking, and ability to execute will enable engineering teams and product owners to experience the productivity benefits re-usable frameworks.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Technology: Good programming skills in high level languages such as java or go
- Experience working in a command-line environment with proficiency in shell scripting.
- Process Knowledge: Experience and knowledge of working in agile practices.
- CI/CD: Understanding and experience working with CI/CD tools and best practices
- Deals well with ambiguous / under-defined problems; able to think abstractly
- Communications and Mentoring: Great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Well-rounded and experienced in communicating with all levels of an organization. Should be able to articulate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 5, 2018, 4:27:22 PM