American Express Careers
Sales Team Leader
Anyone can offer a card.
It takes someone exceptional to offer success.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more. We are committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Within our Commercial Organization, we are looking for an experienced Team Leader, responsible to lead a newly formed team of Sales Acquisition Specialists, with the objective to grow our customer base in the Center and North areas.
- This position will be responsible for driving business growth by acquiring new Commercial Clients and expanding business in the Center and North Italy Areas
- He/She will be responsible for targeting, managing and addressing opportunities to expand and grow T&E and non T&E charge volume.
- To be successful in the position, the candidate must be able to work efficiently across different lines of business, research and develop an in-depth understanding of the different industries, effectively filter and qualify prospects, and support the Sales Team to build a strong pipeline to ensure targets are met.
- The role is accountable for the whole end to end sales and implementation process of the team: from lead generation to Clients’ onboarding.
- Build a best-in-class commercial sales team by developing talented and motivated sales professionals.
Are you ready for the challenge?
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- 5 + years experience in a sales’ environment;
- Previous experience in a team leader position;
- Sales pipeline management experience;
- Cold calling campaign management experience;
- Strategic and consultative selling skills with strong negotiation abilities;
- Previous experience in the areas of payment services preferred;
- Able to train the team side by side and remotely;
- Emotional resilience;
- Able to work independently and under time pressure;
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to establish strong relationships internally with supporting Business Units (Marketing, Credit, Risk, New Accounts, Compliance)
- Ability to establish strong relationships with external potential partners (existing suppliers) to valuate lead gen and expansion opportunities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills supported by highly efficient organizational and planning abilities;
- Naturally curious and willing to take time to learn potential clients’ economic environment to plan the best acquisition strategy;
- Proven knowledge of PC software (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Able to travel and work extended hours;
- Excellent Italian and good English level.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2018, 9:43:15 AM