American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - JAVA
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on Technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an Agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new Technologies.
- Leading a team of Engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- 8+ years of experience in Java, JEE and associated Technologies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other Technical Discipline; Advance Degree preferred.
- Experienced in using Collection framework.
- Multiyear Experience in working on ETL.
- Familiarity with OSS ETL frameworks/tools like Talend, Beam, Flink,...
- Strong understanding on scheduling batch jobs and knowledge of JDBC connections.
- Strong Object-Oriented Analysis & Design experience.
- Hands on experience in Databases (preferably NoSQL DBMS like Cassandra).
- Highly technical and hands-on experience in building products from scratch.
- Exposure to Architectural frameworks: TOGAF, UML, etc.
- Experience building large scale applications which process millions/billions of records.
- Should be highly analytical, algorithmic, logic driven.
- Product development experience in Agile environment will be a big plus.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2018, 4:09:15 PM