American Express Careers
Manager, Merchant Acquisition Sales, UK Market
Why join the EMEA Merchant Sales Department?
Are you a native level speaker of English with experience managing sales teams? At American Express we can offer a great brand, career, training and a fantastic team environment to develop your career. As a European sales hub, based in our new European Head office, we offer a rewarding package and the opportunity to work at one Spain's premier employer brands.
If you enjoy inspiring people and are a strong communicator with the ability to build rapport, engage teams and drive a high performing culture this could be a great opportunity for you.
The EMEA Merchant Sales organization is a sales team of different nationalities speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. Our teams successfully acquire and manage relationships with merchants in all European Markets.
Reporting to the EMEA Merchant Sales Director, this position will be part of the leadership team and will have a dotted reporting line to the UK Market Head. The Merchant Sales Team Manager will manage a sales team of 26 people, including team leaders.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear.
What do we expect from you?
We are expanding and growing our sales team, the successful candidate will be a driven and resourceful individual with experience and passion for sales and team management. He/she will deliver thought leadership to challenge conventional thinking, in order to meet annual targets trough promoting AMEX acceptance to merchants across the UK.
- Recruit, build, develop and shape his/her own Sales Team.
- Organise and motivate the team to grow the AMEX acceptance network in the UK by following up on leads by phone to sign new Merchants.
- Manage, coach and support the team and team leaders in order to maximize performance of sales driven results (acquisition, expansion and retention).
- Create and foster a high performance environment.
- Assess, align and successfully implement sales strategy.
- Plan and support the implementation of new campaigns and initiatives to achieve sales targets.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Driven by objectives, passionate about sales, ambitious and communicative.
- Excellent team management, previous +3 years experience required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven history of bulding and levaring relationships with external/internal clients.
- Native level English written and spoken.
- Backgound working for/in the UK market.
- Knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Salesforce a bonus).
What do we offer in return?
Success is rewarded through an attractive package, a generous sales incentive plan and a strong benefits package. Positive attitude!
Benefits and perks
- New state of the art offices, very well connected just near to Feria de Madrid. Metro Station one minute, ten minutes conneted with the city center. Parking facilities.
- Meal Vouchers
- Medical Insurance
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Amex personal card with no annual fee
- Educational and Language Allowances
- Work from home (up to three days per week)
- Sports, Voluntary activities, healthy incompany activities (Yoga, Pilates, Hipopresives, Soccer Team, Phisiotherapy, Mindfulness)
- Amex cafeteria, shower rooms, international collaborative library and many other building facilities
- And lots more!
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 5:39:37 AM