American Express Careers
Business Analyst-Commercial Metric Engine
The Global Commercial Platforms team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA), is focused on building best in class Commercial Data Platform and Capabilities to enable high quality interactions with our end customer and deliver on GCS strategic priorities.
There is a commercial business metrics calculation engine within the Global Commercial Platform product suite residing in the big data Cornerstone environment.
This role will be supporting the Metric Engine product owner in all aspects in the delivery of product enhancements, issue management, user acceptance testing, product communications and status reporting. You will be working with global cross-functional teams, business and technology partners and stakeholders to develop and maintain the product.
- Issue\\Query management including investigation and root cause analysis.
- Support engagement process and requirements gathering working with business stakeholders and technology partners to define clear set of requirements, acceptance criteria and gain regional alignment where necessary. Identify and document dependencies and risks.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and modelling to support product development
- Develop, maintain and enhance product documentation. Educate partner groups on business logic.
- Monitoring development & UAT progress by tracking activity, managing dependencies on partner groups, resolving problems, publishing status reports, recommending actions and escalating appropriately
- Initiate and manage business sign-off process and parallel testing.
- Production support and data analysis to ensure integrity of data post implementation
- Prior product business experience, commercial product knowledge and sales performance metrics beneficial.
- 2+Years expert SQL skills; Hive & Python hands-on is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical or business discipline highly desired.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO skills for documentation, reporting and analysis needs.
- Team player and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with minimum supervision and demonstrate a sense of ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, capacity to articulate complex logic in a clear and concise way to a non-technical audience.
- Thought-leadership skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the high-level vision of project while maintaining focus on individual tasks/objectives.
- Proven ability to quickly identify issues and/or risks as well as possible solutions and mitigation plans.
- Takes initiative to continually develop and learn new processes and methods; ability to quickly adapt to ongoing changes in the enterprise.
- Proven self-starter that can execute with minimal direction. Has strong problem solving skills with an attention to detail and is an analytical thinker and happy making decisions.
- Preferred familiarity with project methodology (SDLC, Waterfall, Agile) and related testing methodologies and tools (Rally\\Jira).
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2019, 8:49:03 AM