American Express Careers
Engineer - JAVA
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences.
Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand. We are seeking innovative Software Engineers who guide technology teams to ensure the quality delivery of applications and infrastructure components. The role will collaborate closely with business partners, Project Managers, Technical Architects and Leadership as a subject matter expert, to ensure completeness and efficiency of solutions while ensuring adherence to technical standards. The position will also play a critical role partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving from monolithic, tightly coupled, batch based legacy platforms to highly modular, loosely coupled, event-driven, microservices-based platforms to meet our long term business goals.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications.
- Writing code and unit tests, test automation, and conducting code and testing reviews.
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- 1-3 years of software development experience, and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Hands-on experience in implementing web applications and API services using REST.
- Hands on experience in the full stack software development.
- Core competencies in distributed technologies including Java, Spring/Struts, APIs (REST, SOAP), JSON, XML, Solace/MQ, JDBC, DB2/Oracle, Quartz (Scheduler), SLF4J/LOG4J, JUnit, Jenkins, Maven
- Knowledge of payments industry.
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies.
- Any experience developing mobile Apps is a plus.
- Any experience working with Big Data is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 5:34:35 PM