American Express Careers
Compliance Manager - Global Servicing Network
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The Compliance Manager for Global Servicing Network (GSN) is responsible for compliance and regulatory matters emanating from American Express customer service operations in the EMEA region. This position will support the GSN Compliance Director in the continued development, growth and maintenance of an effective Compliance Program, consistent with applicable US, EU and FCA requirements, and American Express’ own internal operating policies. This position supports 13 European markets servicing both consumer and commercial products. The compliance program bring together policies, procedures, processes and controls that effectively:
- prevents and detect violations of laws, regulations and policies;
- promotes an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct and commitment to compliance with the law;
- addresses the specific risks associated with a given business process with concrete actions to reduce or eliminate those risks; and
- ensures that employees understand and comply with the laws, regulations and policies that apply to their daily work.
- Apply working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, standards and policies relevant to Europe in the area of anti-money laundering, data protection and privacy, consumer protection and sanctions.
- Work in collaboration with legal counsel, market compliance officers, and customer service operations stakeholders to implement processes that adhere to local and European laws and regulations.
- Complete all phases of the annual Compliance Risk Assessment which includes the review of legal inventories applicable to customer service operations, and conducting a gap analysis to determine the strength of the control environment around said requirements.
- Support GSN in the implementation of Compliance projects and strategic initiatives
- Provide support and oversight of all phases of the issue management program to ensure compliance to regulatory expectation
- Collaborate with legal counsel, customer service operations stakeholders, governance teams, examiners/auditors, vendor partners, and the Compliance organization to define testing and monitoring of adherence to regulatory requirements and standards.
- Assist in the communication and implementation of policies to achieve compliance, as requested.
- Deal appropriately with other staff and control functions, and perform other tasks as requested or necessary from time to time to support the effective running of the overall GSN Compliance Program.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work on own initiative and ensure plans remain on track
- Support business initiatives and foster positive relationships with the business
- Maintain strong relationships with Compliance colleagues and relevant external people
- Provide strong internal communication on compliance policies, strategy, goals and program development.
Unique Knowledge & Skills
- Degree or equivalent qualification/work experience in a relevant discipline
- Experience working within a regulated financial services environment, in a Compliance regulatory, legal, risk, auditing or internal controls function is preferred
- Strong awareness of key EMEA regulations and industry developments affecting financial services e.g. PSD2, GDPR, 4th AMLD
- Ability to multi-task, manage conflicting priorities and deliver within agreed parameters, especially under pressure
- Ability to understand key business processes and make sound decisions in the best interests of the business and systems used to implement/maintain controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong detail and analytical skills and the ability to identify and explain complex compliance requirements and convey difficult messages to all stakeholders
- Ability to challenge in a constructive way, and influence others to deliver processes and solutions in line with regulatory requirements
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2018, 2:04:27 PM