American Express Careers
Engineer - TPF Systems Programmer
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Software Engineers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for cardmember targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class cardmember experiences across multiple channels, including native iOS, Android, web, social integration, Java services, and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
American Express Technology is looking for a Software Engineer to join a dynamic and innovative development team. Our team builds multi-functional, rich global credit authorizations solutions, critical to the core of American Express’ business. The team uses the Agile methodology for project delivery and operates in a fast paced business environment. From integrating with American Express Network partners, such as international banks, to developing highly available solutions and serving internal and external customers there will always be new and unpredictable challenges in this environment.
- Analyzes requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Performs technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Functions as a contributing member of an agile team and helps deliver consistent development practices
- Typically spends 70% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Performs unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly tests
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Understands impact on disparate systems, business units and long-term impact of technical design decisions.
- Generates ideas to improve overall system design
- Focuses on delivering high quality code on time and to specifications
- Focused on cost savings, high performance, high reliability, quality of user experience and architectural alignment of solutions
This position is a Engineer and member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to an Engineering Director or Director of Technical Delivery.
QualificationsA successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplined, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Authorizations capabilities. Excellent problem solving skills are a must as well as an expert knowledge of TPF Assembler, TPF C/C++, TPFDF, TCP/IP Concepts, SOA Services, Restful Services, Build Tools for z/TPF and MQ. Supporting a global business, you will be required to understand and deliver against a diverse set of business needs as well as providing your own feedback and inputs.
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience).
- Requires hands-on knowledge and understanding of architecture, requirements analysis, applications systems design and integration, with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Has the ability to work with business partners and articulate technical concepts and design / implementation considerations.
- 1 – 3 years TPF Applications Development / Assembler / C / C++
- 1 – 3 years TPF System internals
- Strong TPF programming skills and in depth knowledge of the operating principles.
- 1 – 3 years of performance enhancement activities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence cross functional teams, business partners and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders
- Must be able to thrive in an environment of heavy team interaction and collaboration.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience).
- Experience with Card authorization, merchant technologies and digital capabilities a plus.
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines.
- Agile development experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 10:49:51 AM