American Express Careers
Manager-Business Development-Sales (Long Island, NY)
American Express is a leading financial services company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards combined with a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer a broad array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations. We also offer non card lending products and other innovative solutions to help our customers do business all over the world.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate and business clients to help them streamline their accounts payable processes, drive efficiencies and provide working capital to its customers. Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express relationships with US companies in the small business and middle market segment.
Drive additional sales/revenue from a target list of existing high-priority middle market and small business clients
- Achieve and strive to exceed sales growth targets
- Sell core American Express Commercial solutions
- Generate leads for internal partners and new sales within existing target list
- Spend significant time identifying opportunities, ensuring set-up/ card issuing, and managing expansion signings through the a 13 month sales timeframe
- Execute a transactional sales cycle, including the ability to document all sales activity within the CRM tool through a pipeline in order to close deal
- Develop expertise in American Express business solutions
- Collaborate with internal partners to achieve results
- Represent the company brand with strict adherence to act ethically and to adhere to all compliance guidelines as required
- Maintain good driving history to adhere to company’s driving for company business requirements
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with American Express, highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule warm account review appointments with clients
- Effectively identifies client needs with Middle Market Client Group input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations
- Possess expertise and consults on the full suite of American Express products and tools, including B2B solutions
Prefer candidate reside in territory. Primary cities in territory include Brentwood and Riverhead.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 2:23:54 PM