American Express Careers
Merchant Risk Specialist
This position supports/assist in all Risk Functions within Merchant Risk: Debit Balance, Dispute Investigation, Legal holds and Government.
- Analyzing incoming request received from a legal entity through CLIC to determine if a Merchant account exists and deciding what the proper course of action is
- Support Manila Collection Team with procedural questions
- Identifying risk associated with Debit Balances through research of cases
- Evaluate dispute/charge documentation (invoices, charge support, contract, card authorization etc.)
- Collaborate with Dispute Specialty Team and propose dispute resolution based on investigation
- Researching EFT/Check payments to ensure payments are applied to the proper Ledger account
- Call and collect on Government Debit Balance and Invoiced accounts
- Manage a small amount of inbound and outbound calls/emails to merchants, court officials and attorneys, collectors, CLM’s
- Ability to balance duties/task to meet deadlines
Successful candidates will work closely with business partners, such as GCO Legal and Risk, to ensure appropriate decisions are made and the risk to American Express mitigated. Additionally, this individual will collaborate with peers in identifying opportunities to streamline processes and close procedural gaps.
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as evident through proper grammar, word usage, pronunciation and speech clarity
- Understanding of the dispute process and correlation to the Merchant would be considered a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and goals
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work within a cross functional, multi-tasking team
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with Leaders of all Levels
- Proven ability to analyze multiple streams of data and make sound business decisions
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Suite
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 3:56:59 PM