American Express Careers
Team Leader- High Balance Operations
People Leaders in the Global Servicing Group - work to service their people in a dynamic, ever changing environment. This position will lead, coach and motivate a team of high risk lending collections specialist. This is a critical role, as they are ambassadors of “the brand”. They inspire and motivate their team through coaching and development. They are responsible for looking for ways to make their best employee even more effective, to turn around poor performers and drive results in various key performance metrics.
They act as change agents and are a critical resource for enabling and motivating their team to deliver extraordinary customer care, while consistently improving team results. They have the opportunity to excite our customers and deliver on the brand promise. Coach and develop a team of 10-15 front line credit/collections specialists that work to identify high risk account activity and minimize the potential loss to American Express through the gathering and analyzing of pertinent data. This position manages a team that handles inbound/outbound calls on accounts while maintaining a professional working relationship between the customer and American Express.
This leader is accountable to effectively drive results to raise the bar on key metrics. This leader will also be accountable for floor management, ensuring proper production levels, training and retaining employees. They will regularly communicate the status of the business, progress against goals and ensure that direct reports are well informed about issues that affect them and their customers. The coaching they provide will include call monitoring, real time feedback and resolution of escalated issues.
This leader will ensure accuracy and quality of customer service through effective monitor techniques and workflow observance. Provide frequent feedback and direction to staff by assessing overall skills and readiness levels. Drive continuous improvement of the operation and manage change effectively to motivate and retain employees.
This leader is accountable for effectively driving the following key metrics while maintaining or rehabilitating customer relationships in our interactions:
- Key departmental metrics as defined by leader
- Quality and compliance
- Decision Quality
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference. American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Current or previous leadership experience is preferred
- The successful applicant is results oriented, demonstrates enthusiasm, resilience under stress, and a will to win attitude
- This individual must be customer oriented and willing to help people
- They must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally as well as in writing
- Be able to build strong relationships, drive continuous process improvement and handle multiple priorities
- They need to be an analytical thinker, problem solver and decision maker
- Candidate should show desire to take on additional tasks, and have flexibility in work assignments based on business needs
- Effective coaching, training and development of others are required as well as having strong time management, organizational and follow through skills
- PC skills required
- Minimum 6 months recent leadership experience managing teams of 10-15 individuals, in call center environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach strong decision making skills ensuring protection of both shareholders and card members in a real time setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team effort with solid relationship skills
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Effective oral/written communication skills with all levels of management
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations and the need to be compliant with internal or external guidelines and rules
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with customers/employees and processes
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 3:52:49 PM