American Express Careers
Account Development Specialist
Anyone can offer a card. It takes someone exceptional to offer success. Make an impact on our business and the business world.
Every member of our Team is an experienced listener and a business expert. We haven’t become the world’s largest card issuer by selling more cards but by understanding and helping small, medium and large Companies overcome the challenges they face every day. We’re partner who know that our collective success depends on yours.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business.
Within the GCS organization, Business Development (BD) Team has a prime focus to acquire new SME customers thanks to Partnership in order to generate business growth.
We are looking for an Account Development Executive based in Milan to join our BD Team. The new resource will be responsible for Banks Partnerships development within Middle and Small Banks segment.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark at American Express. Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Implement an effective account management strategy
- Build deeper client relationships
- Exceed business targets in terms of volume growth, profitability and retention
- Ensure high level of client satisfaction through end to end control of Acquisition processes
- Manage relationships within Mid-Sized Banks segment
- Analyze performances and coordinate development of action plans
- Conduct regular account reviews
- Cooperate closely with other support functions
- Address necessary process improvements
The successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor in Economics/Engineering matters
- Financial acumen, budget planning
- From 2 to 5 years sales/relationship management experience in a B2B environment
- Good relationship management skills, ability to represent Amex at highest levels in client organization
- Demonstrated abilities in pre-sales planning, presentation, closing and follow up
- Experience developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong orientation to teamwork
- Ability to listen and analyze Customer needs
- Passion for challenges and ability to work under pressure
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication in both Italian and English languages
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Availability to travel
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2018, 9:40:37 AM