American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Join the Blockchain revolution at American Express. Be a part of the intrapreneurial team of pioneers and highly technical engineers, designing and building the enterprise Blockchain platform with a mission to tokenize the assets and transform the value exchange. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our Enterprise Blockchain Platform engineering team!
You will be part of a fast-paced engineering team responsible for delivering capabilities developed on Blockchain technology with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers across the globe.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead with "People First" principle and empathy for our colleagues and customers
- Continuously learn about the rapidly evolving Blockchain technology, innovate, and contribute in shaping the journey of our platform architecture and services
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Deliver high quality code with a strong sense of ownership in I5 culture (I design, I write, I test, I automate, I support).
- Profile the code and perform unit, integration, and performance testing of all the software components
- Continuously learn new technologies and refactor the code to improve product and customer experience
- Be a change agent, technology evangelist, and innovator to introduce new ideas, tools and technologies to build new products, enhance value delivery pipeline and transform customer experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience using cloud-native architecture
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- At least 3+ years of hands-on experience in full-stack development with J2EE, NodeJS, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL databases etc.
- Testing and automation framework and tools experience: CI/CD, Virtualization/automation, Jenkins, JMeter, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Mocking frameworks, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha etc.
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
- Expertise in public key cryptography, API security and other advanced cryptographic concepts.
- Hands-on experience with developing Smart Contracts and Consensus Algorithms
- Experience in developing DApps (decentralized applications) using public blockchain like Ethereum or permissioned blockchains like Hyperledger, Corda etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced Degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2019, 3:16:58 PM