American Express Careers
Engineer- JAVA (Blockchain)
- Lead with "People First" principle and empathy for our colleagues and customers
- Continuously learn about the rapidly evolving Blockchain technology, innovate, and contribute in shaping the journey of our platform architecture and services
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Deliver high quality code with a strong sense of ownership in I5 culture (I design, I write, I test, I automate, I support).
- Profile the code and perform unit, integration, and performance testing of all the software components
- Continuously learn new technologies and refactor the code to improve product and customer experience
- Be a change agent, technology evangelist, and innovator to introduce new ideas, tools and technologies to build new products, enhance value delivery pipeline and transform customer experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience using cloud-native architecture
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- At least 3+ years of hands-on experience in full-stack development with J2EE, NodeJS, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, NoSQL databases etc.
- Testing and automation framework and tools experience: CI/CD, Virtualization/automation, Jenkins, JMeter, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Mocking frameworks, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha etc.
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban.
- Expertise in public key cryptography, API security and other advanced cryptographic concepts.
- Hands-on experience with developing Smart Contracts and Consensus Algorithms
- Experience in developing DApps (decentralized applications) using public blockchain like Ethereum or permissioned blockchains like Hyperledger, Corda etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced Degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 13, 2018, 4:52:19 PM