American Express Careers
Senior Executive Assistant
Necessary skills include: understanding the prioritization of requests, ability to make sound decisions in the absence of supervision, being open to asking clarifying questions and learning, ability to anticipate or recognize problems and refer them immediately to the right person for resolution, willingness and enthusiasm for team work and collaboration, ability to act as liaison between leader, team and colleagues across the Blue Box.
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 10+ years’ experience in an Executive Administrative Assistant role within a large organization supporting Senior Vice President Executive level
- Highly organized with an ability to demonstrate keen attention to details, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness and efficiency - follow up in a timely manner, prioritize, multi-task, and handle time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure, as needed to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with key internal and external customers and individuals of varying levels
- Organization and maintenance of complex calendars, managing across senior leaders of AXP, multiple time zones, and international markets.
- Organizing internal and external meetings including team events, making all necessary arrangements including calendar coordination, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Timely payroll management including data collection, entry and updates. Facilitate and manage complex travel arrangements (air, hotel, transfers, and visas).
- Maintain various spreadsheets and/or databases for tracking purposes, including department financial tracking and reconciliation.
- Distribution lists and organization chart maintenance.
- Document / presentation creation and editing.
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices.
- Management of some aspects of the on-boarding and/or off-boarding process, including space planning, equipment orders, and / or supplies. Positive interaction with various internal and external customers, assistants, and / or team members.
- Ad hoc requests and project work for the overall team, as required.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Outlook (calendaring, multiple mailboxes, Webex).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and advanced experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (MS Suite).
- Demonstrated ability to consistently learn and upskill on new collaboration tools that are critical to be efficient on the job (e.g. WebEx, Slack etc)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, but understands the need to be a team player.
- Knowledge of Concur is preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 10:17:54 AM