American Express Careers
Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst
Global Commercial Services provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help large, medium and small businesses around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending. The GCS Lead Financial Officer (LFO) team is responsible for providing financial management, decision support, and planning & results analysis to help achieve business unit and AXP financial targets.
This position partners with the Global Client Group (GCG) & US Large Market organization, providing insightful analytics to support profitable growth and decision making. Additionally, this role will deliver ad-hoc cost benefit analyses to help the organization determine the viability of potential investment opportunities.
In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Delivering client-level insights to support Account Development portfolio prioritization and key client segments
- Pulling client level data to analyze margins and provide trend insights
- Performing ad hoc analysis of profitability trends across the GCG & US Large Market portfolio to identify key opportunities for business growth Providing ongoing support to the GCG & US Large Market organization for effective and financially sound decision making
- 2+ years experience
- Experience in big data (SQL/SAS)
- Self-starter who thrives in fast paced environment
- Confidence to voice opinions, ask questions and develop a point of view in meetings and conversations with senior executives
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data - advanced Excel skills & detail-oriented
- Strong relationship building skills and capable of driving results across teams
- P&L understanding/experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 2:54:59 PM