American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
- Commercial Data Engineering platforms support the data products, Corporate statements, reports, regulatory and compliance needs with high stability and availability. The transformation will drive efficiency and improvements in agility, cost, innovation and time to market.
- As the Technology Manager , you'll be working in scrum format with Global Commercial Organization to prioritize backlog, write features, user stories and collaborate to deliver on the same.
- You'll closely work with business partners to articulate outcomes and expectations, tie initiatives to key metrics, and drive consensus around Minimum Viable Product (MVP) definitions. You'll work with execution teams to ensure delivery of consistently high-quality, timely software products
- You'll weigh initiatives against opportunity costs, feasibility, and product roadmaps.
- A key part of this role will be to build and foster a culture of agility and product ownership in close partnership with technology and business teams.
- Establish a robust software product strategy using inputs from market research as well as analysis from internal stakeholders such as marketing, compliance, architecture etc.
- Deep engagement and consultation with various business teams to understand current and future needs
- Build robust understanding of Commercial Data domain as well as competitive landscape
- Build and actively manage a product backlog of features and capabilities that are groomed and prioritized in close collaboration with the business teams
- Manage work allocation of scrum teams by translating features into prioritized user stories and also by tight coordination with other Product Owners
- Focus on enabling systematic controls, proactive monitoring and business facing dashboards along with process automation.
- Full participation in and support of agile practices and ceremonies to reinforce the agile transformation of the delivery team
- Communicate and build consensus across multiple teams in creating solutions to business needs
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap OR
- 10+ years’ experience in process and project management with in depth understanding of end to end Commercial products and process and underlying financial impacts
- Hands on experience in building a distributed technology stack as well as transition from mainframe to distributed
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Proven experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to consult with various stakeholders and drive to optimal requirements
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages and Bigdata is desirable
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2018, 2:34:52 PM