American Express Careers
React Web Development - Engineer
Our API journey that started with three primary goals – establish a common API Platform across the Enterprise; connect the company through APIs, and enable our Partners and Merchants to engage directly with American Express through external facing APIs – has advanced significantly. There is tremendous momentum across the company with hundreds of internal and external APIs that are consumed millions of times a month.
Become part of American Express’s digital enterprise evolution by joining the American Express Technology team in creating robust API Portals for public and internal developers around the world through the creation of amazing user experiences for our developer communities. An example of one of the sites you will become responsible for is the Amex for Developers (https://developer.americanexpress.com/home) portal. You will be part of a fast-paced Agile team building responsive solutions designed to simplify access to the Amex Platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing advanced web components for capabilities such as forms, carousels, dynamic backgrounds, and animations
- Capability tuning across browsers and mobile devices
- Mentoring junior engineering staff
- Troubleshooting issues and working with product support teams to resolve problems and perform root cause analysis
- Working closely with Product Owners in researching and prototyping new capabilities that improve the overall user experience
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and proven background in responsive web development using technologies such as: React, Bootstrap, CSS, and HTML. Also:
- Advanced User Experience development skills in creating dynamic and engaging web components.
- 3+ years of software development experience in a professional environment including:
- Hands-on expertise with responsive web application design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly focused, organized, and detail-oriented
- Passionate about creating great technology products and is always looking for creative & innovative solutions to meet or exceed our business partners’ needs
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 8, 2018, 2:20:07 PM