American Express Careers
Sr Infrastructure Engineer
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
In this role you will be responsible for monitoring ongoing issues and assist with resolution within American Express. From deployment to training you will lead other team members during outages and situations. You will be expected to have a strong work ethic and to represent American Express in the highest professional manner, through written and oral communications. Your expected to be an Operations domain expert and to stay up to date on your application knowledge.
- Lead operations staff in execution of daily activities
- Find opportunities for monitoring & remediation improvement
- Provide technical leadership for team of ECC Analysts and Engineers
- Develop Continuous Service Improvement methodology to reduce/remove repeat occurrence of customer disruption, identify manual processes for refactoring, and identify processes that would benefit from automation/self-healing
- Event Monitoring
- Execute First touch resolution which includes identification and remediation, either direct or indirect, of issues for the applications and platforms
- Remediate Level 1 technology issues directly through execution of standard operating procedures
- Participate and assist with service restoration bridges run by EMIM team
- Support Mission Control efforts of major product launches and critical changes through monitoring and customized presentation layer
- Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support
- Prioritize, complete and lead projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Responsible for the quality of work in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and alignment to technical compliance standards.
- Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
Qualifications (minimum of 7 years experience)
- 3+ years IT working experience in the areas of Application Performance Management, application monitoring, network administration, system administration, performance engineering / testing, or Java/.NET development
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering and Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- 2+ years of enterprise level .NET or Java development/support/operations
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Experience with application technologies (J2EE, .NET, Citrix, Microservices)
- Experience with database technologies (Oracle, DB2, MS SQL)
- Deep understanding of distributed applications
- Deep understanding of web and enterprise applications
- Ability to address complex application environments to provide customers with clear details on implementation strategy and potential performance improvements
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Effective communication skills and a passion to learn new technology
- Proven presentation and writing skills as well as experience with building professional reports and work you’re doing.
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter who excels in fast-paced, dynamic, team environments and committed to getting results
- Leadership Experience
- Working on an operations team or NOC
- Working in an agile/dev/ops environment
- Deep understanding of ITIL methodology
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 3:30:20 PM