American Express Careers
Bank Relations Unit Team Leader
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Team Leader Bank Relations Unit to perform in the Global Services Group business unit of American Express.
This Role will be responsible for sharing responsibility in leading critical processes for our Bank Partners.
- Lead the Bank Relations processes with emphasis on servicing and new accounts for Private Bank Partners (Santander, HSBC, UBS, Credit Suisse, Itau, Wells Fargo, Safra, etc.) located in US East Coast and Off Shore.
- Contribute to keep this Business profitable for both Amex and Bank Partners, interacting with GNICS, IRM, GFRM, Compliance, GCO & Business Leaders.
- Interact closely with Bank Partners Senior Management and also with IDC Business Leaders to keep the Business running and meeting Partners’ and Customers’ expectations.
- Direct Responsibility for these end to end Processes and Work Streams: New Accounts for all Bank Acquisition Channel and Centurion Credit Management, Fraud Protection Services, Bank Partners Servicing (Call & E-Mail Center), Financial Support for Preferred International Client portfolio and to Bank Partners Operation teams Remittances and payment handling for PIC Portfolio.
- This position is responsible for the day to day operation of the Unit, ensuring that Value Proposition and Service Levels are met and align Service and Processes expectations with Bank Partners Senior Management, GNICS and GSG Management.
- Align with GNICS, IRM, GFRM & Compliance the strategies and processes for Acquisition, Credit Portfolio Handling, Fraud Prevention, Service Delivery for Partners, Financial Support (Remittances & Payments) & Retention.
- Ensure implementation of decided strategies for the ‘GROW’ segment of the market, minimizing losses and maximizing revenues when dealing with Bank Management and running the portfolio from a Risk Management and Client Experience perspective.
- Develop process improvements and detect Business opportunities.
- Ensure achieving key metrics for each one of the unit Processes, meeting defined targets (NCA SL, WL Aging for Fraud and Credit, Call and Mail flows SL, Win Back/SAC Billings Retention, Unit Costs, etc.).
- Effective coaching and guidance of a group of GSG Risk Specialists to work as a team, building strong relationship with internal and external partners, control team operating expenses within a defined budget, conduct regular team meetings, and arrange timely training for specialists as appropriate.
- You will also have to proactively solve problems and provide timely resolution to ensure minimal impact to partners and employee satisfaction. Identify course of action for problems resolution and effectively communicate plans to those impacted.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Fluent English is an essential requirement. Portuguese would be a plus.
- Knowledge of WCC, CAS, Triumph, SSP, CSP and CLIC.
- College Degree.
- Flexibility to work weekends.
- GSG Operations experience and knowledge of IDC Market and its internal dynamics is a plus.
- Multi-Process & Multi-Language Team Management (NA, CREDIT, FRAUD, SERVICING, SAC, Back Office; Spanish, Portuguese, English).
- Excellent relationship and communication skills focused in align goals and strategies with diverse internal partners and external.
- Build Diverse Talent.
- Drive Innovation and Change.
- Experience in leading a high performance team with different levels of seniority and frequent rotation.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 2:13:48 PM