American Express Careers
Operational Excellence & Business Continuity Advisor
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Business Continuity Advisor must be the focal point of any topic related with
Business Continuity Management for Mexico.
· Document, gather, save and manage all the information related with Business Continuity Management as Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) and Disaster Recovery Plans (DRPs) for Mexico.
· Validate that policies, process, procedures and standards are documented and updated.
· Validate that policies, process, procedures and standards are followed and carried it out through all its faces.
that BCPs comply with Business needs.
· Maintain a strong relationship with Business and Technology areas with the aim to validate that BCPs are carried out. Furthermore, maintain a strong relationship with Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) with the aim to align BCM with Information Security.
· Provide training for AEXP Mexico´s employees of Business Continuity Management topics.
· Support and comply with internal and external audits providing the inputs to approve them.
· Coordinate all the actions require to amend audit issues.
· Create compliance level reports of BCM to inform to AEXP Director, Board or any local regulator.
· Ensure that IT areas comply with DRP and they are aligned with BCP, performing backups and restore procedures for AEXP Mexico´s.
· Ensure that BCM complies and is aligned with Information Security.
BCM Risk Assessments with support of trusted Business Impact Analysis (BIAs).
· Validation of policies, process, procedures and standards of BCM and perform recommendations to their improvement.
· Third party management oversight and support
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Months in their actual position:
For level 25 to 30: 12 months.
For level 30 to 35: 18 months.
For level 40 to 45: 24 months.
Skills and knowledge.
· Degree in business administration, engineering or similar. Prior experience in issue management, ideally in a Banking institution.
· Experience in process design and risk assessment BCM general knowledge.
· Knowledge of IT as mainframe, client-server, databases engine, networks, or any other IT solution implemented in a banking corporation.
· General knowledge of Information Security.
· Business understanding and capability to provide solutions based on business needs.
· Knowledge of local requirements of Mexican laws as Circular Única de Bancos (CUB).
·Easy communication capability to interact through all Enterprise levels.
· Suggested Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) or Business Continuity Institute (BCI) knowledge and/or certifications.
· Languages: English and Spanish (professional competence)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2019, 10:26:27 AM