American Express Careers
Digital Workplace - Exec/Admin Assistant
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Being the initial liaison and primary communication point person of both VP's for all senior leaders, teams and external client/partners.
- Work alongside other executive assistants
- Organization and maintenance of complex calendars using a high level of integrity, running across senior leaders of AXP, different time zones, and international markets.
- Organizing internal and external meetings including team events; making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Making complex travel itineraries including air, hotel, transfers and visas.
- Assisting the VP's with appropriate email delegation, booking meetings, and reacting and corresponding on behalf of.
- Prioritizing what is meaningful and urgent.
- Acknowledging receipt/replies on behalf of, etc.
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices; review expenses submitted to leader for approval and highlight any out of policy spend.
- Ensuring timely processing of weekly payroll and exception requests.
- Assist with Recruitment process, relocation and new hire coordination.
- Document/presentation creation and maintaining organization charts.
- Assist in maintaining departmental budgets, services procurement, supplies and other administrative support tasks.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by leadership.
- You will ideally have experience of supporting Senior Executives within a high-paced, complex environment.
- Validated experience working well with Senior Management and handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong MS Office experience: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, but understands the need to be a standout colleague.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and handle pressure in a deeply dynamic environment.
- Ability to be dedicated and take initiative to anticipate the needs of a complex office.
- Strong follow-up skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with administrative tasks that creates and supports an organized and efficient environment.
- You have excellent verbal and writing interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have strong solution focused skills and possess the ability to act diplomatically and patiently when communicating with individuals of varying levels.
- Ability to run multiple priorities within established timeframes while demonstrating flexibility.
- Experience in a wide range of administrative related tasks, organizing large meetings and arranging travel.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding and appreciation of key customer relationships (internal/external).
- Knowledge of Concur, Ariba, ITSC, DGM Tool, etc. preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2018, 3:02:58 PM