American Express Careers
On the technology team within a Fortune Top 100 company, you will be challenged to think, vision, and execute a level of innovation that will challenge you every single day. We will ask you to lead others through example and influence, to inspire change at a massive scale. If this sounds like an amazing opportunity, it is. If this sounds like a place you can make your mark and elevate yourself and those around you, then we want to talk to you. American Express is not your grandfather’s technology company. We’re not all COBOL, XML, and SOAP. We’re into some really cool tech! Think React/ES6, Golang, Kotlin, to name a few.
· Building reusable components and front-end libraries for team’s use
· Optimizing components for maximum performance across different browsers
· Manage technical risk and debt for the team
· Write code that is clean, secure, maintainable, and easy to understand
· Build solutions for diverse user requirements such as Internationalization, Accessibility
· Build customizable, reusable pieces to be used throughout multiple applications following design patterns for separation of concerns, code re-usability, security and performance.
· Improve the reliability and efficiency of our inner systems.
· Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments
· Lead code reviews and automated testing
· Ensure frictionless CI/CD pipeline from the teams
· Communicate and coordinate with cross-functional business units, offshore, contractors and third-party development teams
· Recognize process and code inefficiencies, and proactively recommend solutions
· Bring the culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
· Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
· Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing current state and enable the team to be more effective, productive, and deliver faster and stronger results.
· Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals
· Possibly manage and mentor teams of junior and senior engineers through ongoing development efforts
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals with competencies in software design, data structures, and problem-solving
· 3 or more years of React.js and Node.js experience
· Extensive use of APIs and hands on experience with Redis
· Experience in SOA, REST, Micro Services System Architecture
· Deep understanding of React.js and its core principles
· Understands React under-the-hood, and can architect React design patterns in accordance with the library’s purpose ( e.g. declarative programming ).
· Proven experience with Flux or Redux is required
· Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· An ability for benchmarking and optimization
· Expertise with code versioning tools (Git)
· Experience with CSS processors: SASS, LESS and code analysis tools (e.g. JSLint)
· Expert knowledge of how browsers work - regarding optimizing page load times, rendering, caching and memory
· Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies
· Able to identify anti-patterns and provide refactoring recommendations
· Proven experience leading teams of engineers
· BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline; advanced degree preferred
· Self-motivated, independent, organized, and proactive
· Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators and stakeholders
· Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-moving dynamic environment
· Collaborates with leadership across multiple teams to define solution requirements and technical implementation
· Solves technical problems outside of day-to-day responsibilities
· Contributes to the success of many teams achieving their goals
· Develop team’s strategy and prioritize initiatives
· Assist in retaining and hiring talented team members
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2018, 3:14:26 PM