American Express Careers
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
This position supports our Vice President & Lead Financial Officer who is based in Hong Kong and who oversees the Finance organization for the Japan, Asia Pacific, and Australia (“JAPA”) region. The key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Provide administrative support and planning assistance to the VP & LFO based in Hong Kong.
- Organize team-building activities, bi-monthly offsites, and regular meetings for the Hong Kong Finance team.
- Assist in conference room arrangements, phone and telepresence communications, and facilities bookings.
- Coordinate with other EAs and team members located in other markets throughout JAPA including Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney, Tokyo, and Delhi.
- Book and manage travel arrangements and ensure timely preparation, processing, reconciliation, and submission of expense reimbursement reports.
- Support in office equipment and supplies procurement, as well as expense reporting and tracking.
- Work with business support functions including mailroom, facilities, security, IT helpdesk, etc. to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Liaise with other departments and offices in collecting information for various record keeping and reporting purposes.
- Maintain general office supplies, manage document filing, and oversee record keeping.
- Provide general support to other senior leaders and out-of-office visitors to the Hong Kong office.
- Handle other ad-hoc assignments as required.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant working experience as team administrative assistant
- Common sense knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to build connections and work with other teams throughout the company
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- High proficiency in MS office, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good ability to build business relationship, self-motivated, and a good team player
- Able to work under pressure and multitask
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Cantonese
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2018, 4:26:32 AM