American Express Careers
Manager – GMNS Risk Management (12 Month Secondment)
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
Manager, GM&NS Large Merchant Risk Management (EMEA) – 12 month secondment
You will join the team responsible for overseeing credit risk for a portfolio of risky merchants with exposure of over $5B. You will be a Regional Risk Officer and on the front line, protecting the GM&NS P&L from any losses, while carefully balancing the merchant relationship with Amex.
Our team members are often considered “jack of all trades” people, who are self-directed and make decisions that have high stake profitability and risk tradeoffs. Additionally, our team plays a central role in both the GMS and Risk organizations by collaborating with client managers, credit rating team members and attending various risk committees.
This role includes in-depth analytics, developing and monitoring key credit metrics, designing risk mitigation strategies and customer facing negotiations that will strengthen American Express’s competitive advantage and brand promise in the market.
We are looking for candidates with good judgment, excellent communication skills, analytical, motivated and strategic thinkers, who can both dive into numeric financial details while still being able to conduct negotiations with C-Suite executives across a variety of industries.
- Leverage institutional risk principles to validate metrics such as Exposure-at-Default, Loss-Given-Default and non-delivery exposure.
- Verify exposures through financial reviews, calls with merchants and client managers, and review of other external information.
- Prioritise a book of risky merchants with billions of dollars in credit exposure, proactively managing challenging negotiations with top CEO’s and CFO’s, and navigating internal stakeholders to gain alignment on a timeline to take action with our merchants.
- Design end-to-end risk strategy of a portion of the portfolio of thousands of strategic large merchants.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate must be able to work under their own initiative and be able to problem solve in times of fast changing priorities. In addition, he/she must be able to navigate through stressful, urgent, complex and ambiguous situations independently while seeking the win-win solution.
- Ability to apply analytical/quantitative and negotiating techniques which translates results to business solutions.
- Very strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Financial and analytical acumen, financial credit and/or accounting knowledge, comfort with numbers, excel and financial statements is a must.
- Proven negotiation and influencing abilities.
- Previous experience within a client facing role with C-Level (CEO, CFO and Treasurers) counterparts.
- Understanding of Bankruptcy Law and Preference Period Risk is desirable
- University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 13, 2018, 3:50:48 AM