American Express Careers
Senior Sales Manager - Business Development
About the Division
American Express Global Corporate Payments (GCP) offers a range of expense management services designed to help mid-size companies and large corporations worldwide manage most of the facets of their business spending. It provides customized payment solutions to Corporations to settle a variety of their business expenses as an easy alternate solution for companies to generate cash flow and reduce their overdraft and cost of capital costs. This provides increased visibility into their business spending, added controls, improved efficiency and cost savings. GCP provides these services through American Express Corporate Card Programs and Business-to-Business (B2B) Payment Solutions.
Global Corporate Payments (GCP) operates globally through its GCP proprietary operations, Global Dollar Card, International Euro Card and bank partner network. The GCP client base includes many of the Global Fortune 500 and Interbrand Best Global Brands.
Being A Successful Senior Business Manager:
Global Corporate Services is constantly keeping an eye out for experience and talent to deliver new growth in the corporate card space.
With a focus in growing the SME SEGMENT (below $100M), our team is responsible for developing a pipeline of opportunities aggressively.
The successful business manager will cold call, network and utilize other lead generation efforts to seek out new opportunities, manage a complex end-to-end sales process to win in the Corporate Card sales space.
To be successful, you MUST have the PASSION & DRIVE to establish yourself in this CHALLENGING sales environment.
You MUST have the TENACITY, FOCUS and DETERMINATION to be a cut above the rest.
What you will achieve during this journey WHEN you are successful in Global Corporate Services, is firmly establishing your credibility as an outstanding sales professional.
Ingredients For Success
• You are familiar with corporate payments and have strong financial fluency. Typically, this means at least 3 – 5 years in a similar space.
• You are a HUNTER with a tremendous energy and drive for success. In all successful individuals, this is usually reflected in their ability to demonstrate an exceptional level of focus and dedication.
• You WANT to exceed crazy sales targets. The only reason you WANT this, is so that you will be exceptionally recognized and compensated.
• You have an exceptional eye for new opportunities. You just know where to find the best opportunities within an already saturated space.
• You have a STRONG network in the SME segments, Travel Agents, Expense Management Providers, Consultants, etc.
• You demonstrated rigor in sales pipeline management to ensure pipeline accuracy and adequacy in meeting the stated targets
• You have keen business acumen and understand what drives your clients’ business and what they need, finance-wise, to make their business successful.
- Knowledge of Corporate card/payment solutions would be an advantage
- Direct B2B sales experience preferred
- Sales pipeline management(Salesforce.com) experience
- Ability to collaborate and influence internally and externally
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Results driven
- Demonstrated Business Acumen with a strategic and analytical focus
- Self motivated with strong time management skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Superior negotiation abilities
- Strong pre-sales planning and preparation and strong follow up skills
- Strong selling skills including needs assessment, presentation, objections handling and closing deal
- Build relationships across all segments within the client's organisation, especially decision makers and key influencers
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel skills preferred
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 5:34:08 AM