American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager-International Commercial Customer Analytics
The ‘International Commercial Customer Analytics’ team is part of the Global Commercial and Merchant Analytics (GCMA) team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) group in American Express.
GCMA is responsible for targeting, acquiring, engaging and retaining commercial customers over online and offline channels and delivering world-class analytics, insights and data products for the Global Commercial Services and Global Merchant Services organizations. In this role, you will be challenged with designing and creating world class customer analytics strategies in a very strong partnership with business partners internal to AXP. The person will perform data analysis, modeling, synthesize conclusions, communicate and present recommendations to partners. The position is part of a highly collaborative environment, interacting with and influencing partners across the Global Commercial Service’s business at American Express.
This role would be a part of EDA’s – International Commercial Customer Analytics team focused on using advanced analytics to optimize spend enablement and retention efforts through the “Triggers program” as well as driving cross-sell initiatives. A very strong focus of this role would be understanding gaps and creating opportunities in customer engagement initiatives and influencing business partners in the usage of analytics driven solutions.
- Design and implement a comprehensive framework for the triggers program by reaching customers at right moments in their journey with American Express
- Support and enable the Global Commercial Services Organization with actionable, insightful analytical solutions to help the leadership team evaluate and drive business performance
- Partner with functional leaders, Strategic Business Partners and Senior leaders to assess and identify opportunities for better customer engagement and revenue growth
- Demonstrate Project Management capabilities to drive execution of ideas and results
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales and key stakeholders to create and implement new analytical solutions for driving spend enablement, retention through Triggers and cross-sell initiatives
- Play an important role in communicating and influencing EDA leadership and partners (marketing and sales) to help test / roll out the recommended data driven analytical initiatives which involves getting buy in from the market, developing test framework, deploying and tracking.
- Independently manage cross-collaboration among marketing, sales, capabilities and modeling teams to ensure analytics and data science based strategies are appropriately incorporated and timely deployed / tracked.
- Master's Degree (or higher) / MBA preferred
- SAS/SQL skills with an ability to deliver data driven insights
- Demonstrated success in communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability / proven track record of striking balance between thought leadership, and converting business needs into analytical plans
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve unstructured and complex business problems and articulate key findings to senior leaders/stakeholders in a succinct and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with marketing, sales, capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
- Manage several concurrent projects through collaboration across teams/geographies
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2018, 11:35:57 AM